1. The Bible says: For God so loved the world, He gave his only son... (to go to the cross for us) John 3:16
2. Why did he die on the cross and rise again? For all have sinned and fall short of God's glory. Romans 3:23
3. If I'm good can I go to heaven without Jesus? There is none righteous, no, not one. Romans 3:10
4. Jesus died for us because we are not able to make ourselves right with God on our own. A perfect sacrifice had to shed his blood and die for us. When Jesus died for our sins he was able to say: I paid for their sins by shedding my inocent blood (a perfect sacrifice). In short, Jesus paid a bill we cannot pay because of our sin.
5. Can I believe in another god and go to heaven? There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12
6. Why is it important that Jesus rose from the grave? Because Jesus conquered sin. Death is the result of sin. When Jesus came back to life after 3 days, he proved God raised him and that the effect of sin (death) had no control over him.
No other religion has a leader that came back to life from the grave. All of their leaders died and were never to be seen again. The power of God proved Jesus to be legitimate and this is what makes Jesus so special.
Jesus is not
1. Jesus is not a religion.
2. Jesus is not a denomination.
3. Jesus is not a ritual.
4. Jesus is not a religous building.
Jesus is God. He loves us more than anyone can and he wants us to know him personally.
Too many people miss what the Bible says and believe they are going to heaven because they go to a specific church denomination.
The truth is:
A denomination did not pay for our sins.
A religion did not pay for our sins.
A clergy person did not pay for our sins.
No one and no thing paid the price for our sins but Jesus. He died on the cross and rose again for us, which means only Jesus can free us and get us to heaven.
How can I know Jesus?
1. Put your faith in Jesus. A person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. Galations 2:16
2. Repent of your sin. Acts 3:19
3. Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead and you will be saved. Romans 10:9
4. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God. And it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:10
5. Anyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13
Repenting and putting our faith in Jesus alone is what makes us right with God.